Thursday, July 5, 2007

Peacein´ out of the BA...

To do list before Monday (when I leave BsAs):

--practice the four folklore dances I just learned
--go to a milonga of tango electronica (like techno tango music!)
--see my dreaded bandoneon player with La orquestra típica Fernandez Fierro
--dance party with my sisters
--red wine with family friend to charlar de history, politics, social activism and his life
--tomar cafe in Café de las Madres
--watch my little sisters' hiphop dance class
--buy red wine and dulce de leche
--rent and watch 2-3 Argentine films, one of which is Los Rubios
--buy lunfardo dictionary (underground, evolving slang of BsAs)
--learn to cook a few more peruvian dishes with Reina
--go for a long run through BsAs's incredible public space
--buy political and literary magazines
--say goodbye to the fruit men, Jose at the locutorio, my laundry lady, and my sister's best friend Martu
--watch Katie sing/play with folklore artists Sunday night
--hang out with mis amigos argentinos una vez más
--say goodbye WELL to my family Monday morning
--challenge myself to live as much as possible, as well as possible, and on as little amount of sleep possible until Monday.

Y... va! (And... go!)