Sunday, April 27, 2008

Random Me-ness

It's too late to put anything coherent together, but here are some fun thoughts/updates/randomness:

-- This week was the week of Spring -- the trees budded Monday, daffodils Tuesday, tulips Wednesday, magnolias somewhere inbetween...by yesterday the trees were almost all green... I want to tell it all to slow down so I can keep it longer!
-- Feeling loved moment of the week: my favorite professor showed a music video of one of my favorite tango groups in class in honor of me! (Gotan Project listen!)
-- If you want to see a fantastic dance company, check out Alvin Ailey. I went last weekend and it was an aa-mazing experience. They're an 18 person, high-energy modern dance group with ballet and African influences.
-- For great poetry, check out Cesar Vallejo. He's a Peruvian poet from the Vanguardia era. I'm writing a paper on him, and he feeds my soul! His poetry breathes depth and compassion for humanity. He asks the hard questions of religion and God in the face of injustice, and makes beautiful use of language. You can read his stuff online or the book I'm reading of his is called "The Black Heralds."
-- Random countries/human rights violations I've been following lately: kidnappings in Haiti, Tibet activities, Zimbabwe elections and recent raid, inflation in Argentina.
-- Living Creatively Award of the Week goes to my roommate, who is going to work in a candy shop this summer and has a huge accordian on her bed that she's learning to play!

Big stuff on my mind: I graduate in two weeks... I want to learn how to cook Thai... I miss being in nature... I keep having teary moments thinking of not living with my roommate of 4 years... I heard Kevin Sites speak and it was super intense (author of In the Hot Zone -- check it out!)... I daydream about being able to read whatever I want after finals! The list of books will be posted...

1 comment:

Lacey said...

oh megan,
I can't wait for summer reading either. thanks for the living creatively award.