Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Winter List

My friend Sara made a winter list of fun things to do to get her through winter, and she is doing SO well completing it!! I've had my list for a few weeks and have checked things off... but I thought I'd post it. Let me know if you want in on any of it! Or if you have other great ideas...

Winter List:

* Cooking:
Samosas
Tamales
Chai
Pizza dough (*good* pizza dough)

* Lunch concert at Cultural Center
* Art Institute (free in February!)
* Museum of Contemporary Art
* LUMA (Free Tuesdays!)
* Tuesday night bluegrass at Red Line Tap
* Buy tea from Coffee & Tea Exchange
* Snow walk through Grant Park
* Bike in each month at least once
* Listen to live flamenco music
* See an independent film at Landmark & Music Box
* Chicago Symphony Orchestra
* Weekend getaway
* See Rue Royale live - March 20 @ The Hideout

3 comments:

Dave Sandell said...

Nothing to add - I'm of the "Let's sit inside and hibernate while we wait out the winter" camp - but wanted to mention that good pizza dough (in my humble opinion) requires a pizza screen and some rosemary in the dough. Just sayin'.

Oh, and really good EVOO if you can find it. I recommend splurging at your local marketplace, not your local Jewel.

mmm... and San Marzano tomatoes, arugula and some provolone & mozzarella... buffalo mozzarella if you can find it... k, I know what's for dinner tonight.

(don't put the arugula on until after you've taken the pizza out of the oven - the remaining heat will wither it just enough to be scrumptious).

Megan said...

Brilliant, Dave. I love recipe sharing. EVOO... I need to explore. Hm... a pizza screen? I like rosemary. Good call. I'll report on the pizza.

Jen said...

ooh...i love this list and i'd love to see rue royale again again and watch an independent film=)

p.s. great new photograph/pic!