Saturday, June 21, 2008

My life as of... now.

I think it's only appropriate to re-introduce myself.  My life as I knew it has changed in huge ways.   Therefore, my posts will probably change, too.  So you should be in the know.  Life seems to be organized in three chunks:

1) Full-time job.  I work with political asylum seekers.  They are people in the U.S. asking to stay for fear of returning to their home countries (in comparison to refugees who are outside the U.S. asking to come).  I love my work.  I get to talk with people from all over the world.  Pretty much, if I read of a human rights violation on the BBC, I'll meet someone who was involved in it a few months later.  So I do human rights work/immigration law/event planning... it's super great.
2) Bike.  I've been biking to work every day.  I love it.  I would highly recommend it.  Minus the huge pot holes marked in yellow paint on the lakeshore trail, it's fantastic.
3) Post-work/bike hours: I've been dancing a lot.  and reading a lot.  and perusing the bbc and nytimes.  and doing fun outdoor Chicago activities.  

So my posts will probably be about such matters!!  Asi que... bueno.  Ya esta.  Mi vida.  Bienvenido a la vida nueva.  jaja.


No comments: