Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Music Update: Tango Electronica

I got de-nied! Yep, asking for what I really wanted didn't yield great results... but I asked. And felt empowered. So now I'm starting from Base 1 and trying again, and dreaming again, and... trusting.

Here's my music plug: while in Buenos Aires, I met tango electronica. It's amazing - it has the passion of tango, rythms of hip hop and house, and the creativity of Sigur Ros or Album Leaf. My favorites:

Bajofondo : profile.myspace.com/bajofondomardulce/
Gotan Project: profile.myspace.com/gotanproject/
Tangheto: profile.myspace.com/tanghettospace/

Each is a bit different - Bajofondo and Gotan Project are the most well-known and most listened-to... They're amazing.

Enjoy! Also check them out in Youtube...

1 comment:

Dave Sandell said...

I love Gotan! Beautiful stuff...

You might enjoy some of the more recent albums by Scott Herren working under the name 'Savath & Savalas'.