Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Sacred Newness

Thoughts from recent life moments:

** In my Religion and Society class, we're discussing the difference between the sacred and the profane. While lying in the sun, which had colored Lake Michigan a bright turquoise, I realized that much of my outlook on life stems from my very blurred opinions of sacred/profane; I think almost every part of "the profane" has elements of the sacred. Whether that's correct or not, I like it. It makes living more beautiful.
** Thought on being bilingual: it's so fun to have two different language/thought/concept libraries to choose from!! Except when I can't express one concept into another language... haha!
** Tonight I was with a friend who described coming back as entering a "new reality." It's true. And that's why it's so strange: it's the same reality I left, but it's suddenly turned new! Another friend once said, "Megan, it's like re-meeting every one, every situation. Really, we should re-meet people each time we see them, to acknowledge the space in which they have grown." I'm doing a lot of re-meeting, re-entry, and newness.
** While away, I lived at the edge of my potential each day. In a way, life is sooo much easier here than it was there -- I am not exhausted by speaking, listening, or being constantly stimulated by a different culture. Sometimes I want the daily, normal things to liven up! *laugh.

No comments: